Corey Crawford plays enforcer vs. Kings: ?Decided to go in there and grab his head?

admin

Administrator
Jun 17, 2007
Canada
CVRAWFFFFF.jpg
Late in the third period of Game 2 on Sunday night, and with this team down three goals, Kyle Clifford of the Los Angeles Kings decided to send a message to Chicago Blackhawks star Jonathan Toews. Behind the play, Clifford tangled with Toews and struck him in the face with a few gloved punches.

Who would dare step up and rescue the captain in this moment of peril? Why, his goaltender of course.

Watch as Corey Crawford steps up with a WWE-quality headlock during the Blackhawks’ 4-2 Western Conference Final victory:

Here’s how Crawford saw it:

“Yeah, well, their guy grabbed him, got a couple of free shots. So I figured it was enough. Just decided to go in there and grab his head.”

That he did.

Toews seemed appreciative after the game:

“That was great, that was great. I was pretty much laughing. It was one of those moments after the play when you could defiantly hear the crowd respond.

“He’s so competitive in all the areas. Obviously he didn’t like seeing me take a few shots there, so he thought he’d step in. It was a great moment.”

For the record, Crawford does have a HockeyFights.com page.

Back