Connectivity issues with Galaxy S Vibrant (Virgin phone) on rogers network?

Mike

May 13, 2008
Hi everyone.. I am having some issues.. Usually i am quite good with this stuff.. But alas i am coming up empty handed Ok here is the situation:

A friend of mine fried his blackberry with caramel sauce (oops lol) I went ahead and bought him an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant (originally from virgin) He is on rogers.. When he got home he changed his rogers plan from the Blackberry plan to a 1GB data plan for smartphones.. Now here is the issue... His internet won't work.. and his messages 99% of the time fail.. He has called rogers and they say there is nothing they can do.. I have tried entering in the following information for his APN info:

Name: Rogers
APN: internet.com
Username: wapuser1
Password: wap
MCC: 302
MNC: 720
(all other flields are blank)

Name:RogersMMS
APN: media.com
Username: media
Password: mda01
Server: 172.25.0.107
MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 720
APN Type: mms

So this worked great for about 6 hours.. then all of a sudden just stopped.. So i tried the settings on my Galaxy s 2.. (im with rogers) Those settings did nothing for him.. So i am stumped.. any ideas?? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated

(one more thing.. he lives a province over from me.. so i dont have direct access to the phone just what i tell him to do)

HELP HELP HELP (please)

Back