Citroen Picasso Engine Fault light coming on?

michelle

May 14, 2008
I have a Citroen Picasso Xsara Desire, 55 plate, 1.6L, and my engine fault light has just came on tonight on the way home from work. The car is driving perfectly and as far as I can see there are no problems. This happened this time last year for about an hour then went off again. Got the car checked out last year and all was fine, just out the garage after a service. With it being so close to xmas I cant afford the diagnostic charge if again the car is in perfect working order, can anyone give me some advice please? Is this normal for this type of car because in other forums I have seen this has happed to others.

Thanks in advance!!

This can happen with some cars with a very occasional intermittent fault.
If it is driving normally then you can happily wait until after Xmas to get it checked out but be aware that whatever the fault is it may become worse at anytime and render the car useless until it is fixed (unlikely that though)

There is no reason to assume that this new fault is the same as last years. It is a complex system with many possible problems which could cause the light to stay on.

Back