Citroen C8 idle rev count has changed?

wednesday_rose

Nov 27, 2012
Hi!
Where to start?
I've been having a lot of problems with my C8 since I put it in for it's MOT.
Firstly, they admitted that they broke different parts and had to order new ones and have had to wait ages to get my car back.
I went back the day I got my car back and told them that there was an incredible squeaking coming from the front brakes, drivers side. - Burning smell and smoke.
The front brakes were cleaned during the MOT and they reckoned they weren't cleaned properly.
They took the car in, checked the brakes, they said it was all fine, but some pump that moves the breaks on the caliper is broken?
2 weeks later the pump arrived and they took the car back in. When I got the car back they told me that the front brake, driver side WAS totally worn away and needed changed. I complained, as this is another problem that they seem to have caused. They haven't yet billed me.
So! I noticed this morning that the rev count is up to about 900 rpms in idle? It was never that high. It was always down about 300 in idle. I'm wondering if their mechanic has been playing around with other things in my car?
You may say that doesn't make sense as they don't need to popped the hood to change the brakes.
The week before I took the car to the garage I had to top up the engine fuel. No problem. This morning I did it again because I hadn't really put in enough. The arm that holds up the bonnet has been pulled out of it's fixing hole? That doesn't happen on it's own. While doing the brakes they opened the bonnet.
Anyone got any ideas?
Could the problem be some thing else?
What could happen now the revs are much higher?
Thanks
Kenny

Back