Cheap romantic vacations on the east coast?

Rachel

May 13, 2008
My husband and I would like to plan a trip for the middle of August this year for our anniversary. We would like to spend less than $800 on lodging (would like to stay a minimum of 5 nights). There is a little wiggle room there, but we would love to keep it under $800! We live in Richmond, VA and intend to drive to our destination so PA, Southern New England, North & South Carolina, etc is what we are looking into. Our minimum requirement for the resort/home/hotel is a queen sized bed (would prefer a king though) and obviously cleanliness. We would prefer a large shower and a large jetted tub in the room also (it is our anniversary after all ;).

Does anyone have any suggestions for romantic places to stay that might be a little cheaper (read: less popular for tourists). We don't need a ton to do but some nice scenery, historic sites, shopping, etc would be nice.

We're willing to spend 2-3 nights in a nicer more romantic place and stay someplace cheaper/less nice for a few nights as well (found a nice inn in Cumberland, MD with excellent reviews for only $80/night).

Let me know where you've stayed that you found romantic!
Private hot tubs/jetted tubs are a HUGE plus for us!!

Back