Can't customize ringtones for the iPhone 4s!! HELP PLEASE!!?

Candee

Jun 30, 2008
Has anyone gotten the iPhone 4s and made their own custom ringtones in itunes and successfully synced them to the phone?? For some reason I can't do this. I created a ringtone from my itunes music library, saved it as an m4r, and dragged it into the "Tones" folder under Library. This is the LATEST version of itunes. When I plug in my phone, there is not tab for "Ringtones" under the device anymore??? So it won't sync any ringtones and therefore, they do not show up in settings>sounds>ringtone on the phone!! Just the stupid default ringtones are there...Has anyone else had this problem?? Has apple figured out a way to stop custom ringtone making for this latest phone?? I've searched so many forums and google but cannot find ANYTHING. Is there something that I'm doing wrong or skipping?? Exact steps for this process?? If you are iphone/itunes savvy, PLEASE HELP!! I'm beyond frustrated! I certainly do NOT want to purchase ringtones.
Loise- that website only texted me a quicktime file to my phone and it let me listen to it. Not add it as a ringtone.

Plug your phone into your computer, bring up iTunes and open the ringtone folder in your iTunes library. Drag and drop the ringtone into your phone icon. A ringtone folder should appear and the ringtone should be in it.

Back