can you please help me about my internet?

Suela

Aug 1, 2008
I formatted my computer and i wanted to open my internet. I opened: control panel, network connections,local area connections properties,internet protocol properties and entered the correct IP address,Subnet Mask etc. Then i clicked ok.But it said that local area connection is unplugged even with i had plugged it. How can i fix this problem. Please help. Thanks

you could try going to command prompt and typing ipconfig/release exacty like that and then ipconfig/renew. If not try contacting your internet service provider, they might have to send out a technician

PLUG IN THE BOX!!!
the box that ur cord might not actually be turned on...that happens to me sometimes!!!

Several possible solutions. First I am going to assume you are using a PC. What I am most certain it probably is, is that after reformatting your computer you need to reinstall the drivers for your NIC (network interface card). This is where your ethernet cable gets plugged into in your computer. To see if this is the problem you want to check the "Device Manager". Right click your "My Computer" icon and choose properties. Than click on Device Manager". After the list of installed hardware pops up look for any red x's or yellow exclamation points. You want to see one next to a Network Adapter device. If you see a Yellow !, that's great because this will be a relatively easy fix.

Keep in mind you may see others X's or !'s such as Audio drivers etc. You will need to find the drivers for these devices. Either you have a CD that came with the computer or you can find them online. If it is a Brand name computer go to the manufacturers website. If it is a home made computer you may need to open up the computer and look for the Part Number or manufacturer for the NIC. If it is connected to the motherboard you will need to look up the part number and manufacturer of the motherboard and than use another computer to go to the manufacturers website and download the appropriate drivers.

If this is not the problem and your NIC card is installed correctly and windows does have the drivers your best bets are to replace the network card. If you use a router, plug the Ethernet cable into a different port, It could also be your router or Cable/DSL modem has gone bad. Good Luck!

Back