Can I play *.Dat file from Ext Hard Drive USB to DVD Blue Ray Player?

Casper

May 31, 2008
Ok, I've my Sony Home Theater (SOny LCD TV, Blue Ray DVD player and Home Theater System Mu-Te-Ki 5.2ch) ..everything is just work fine. All are connected via HDMI.

I am planning to Sing a Karaoke. Ok, I've my external Hard Drive which is all my Karaoke Songs (.Dat file) are inside.
Now my problem is,

1st) i can't play the song from my external HD USB to the DVD player. It just can't read the *.Dat file. Why..? Any solution..?

2nd) converting the *.Dat to other file (avi,mpg,etc) is OK but only cannot change audio setting. If played from disk cd/dvd, the dvd player can atleast change the audio setting(1L/L+R/Stereo)...but not for avi/mpg/etc from the USB...so still a problem, can't sing karaoke ;)

3nd) now, Im planning using my Laptop to connect to my Home Theater since the DVD player can't read the *.Dat file. Connecting Laptop to the Home Theater is not a big problem,everything is OK, but Need to switch off the DvD player, so means, still a problem, can't sing karaoke =) because the microphone is at the Dvd player... how i wish my sony mu-te-ki sound system have the microphone too =) .

Any other solutions...? thanks in advance ..=)

Back