Can I modify a DVD File structure and retain DVD compatibility?

LrdVaderX

Nov 13, 2011
I have some xvid and mkv file fomats of movies. I like to use ConvertXtoDVD to turn it into a DVD player friendly disc. I tend to not use the disc to full capacity though-- a typical 90 minutes movie will only use up half the space on a DVD-5 disc. I have been using PowerISO to modify the disc to add a extra folder to the base directory of the disc called "original" and I dump the xvid movie on there. So the base directories of my DVD disc look like this:

AUDIO_TS
VIDEO_TS
ORIGINAL

The last folder is the one with the xvid file. The problem is my Xbox 360 will not recognize the disc: I suspect it's because the DVD/UDF file structure is broken but I am not 100% sure. If anyone can confirm this I would appreciate feedback. But bonus points if you can give me a solution to get the best of both worlds: keep the DVD file structure AND have the original source file (xvid, mkv, etc.) on the same disc.
I realize there is a video quality loss but it's a convenience thing too. If I take a movie to a friend's house and they don't have a device that can play an xvid it creates a little problem.

Hi...

Have had a similar idea to yours ...

Have been going to try this but as yet have not ...
May be you could tell me if it works..

Create a folder for you original contents and label it ...
VIDEO_MN or VIDEO_RM

As yet i have tried this.

Back