can i be a heterosexual homo romantic?

AlyssaM

May 29, 2008
around the first year of high school i started second guessing my sexuality, during that summer my friend had visited and we decide to experiment a little. it wasn't anything sexual just kissing touching, etc and i really liked it so everybody started calling me bi, from what ive read and heard in order to call yourself bi you have to be physically and sexually attracted to both genders. which i am not, i am attracted to both genders and i could see me in a relationship even marrying both but thinking about having sex with a girl grosses me out, maybe in time thatll go away. and if i understand the defintion correctly a heterosexual homo romantic is a person who is sexually attracted to the opposite sex but has only romantic feelings for the same sex. is this what i can call myself??? if anybody has more info about this, that would be great.

OP: "if i understand the defintion correctly a heterosexual homo romantic is a person who is sexually attracted to the opposite sex but has only romantic feelings for the same sex."

Yes, that is absolutely true.

You can read more about romantic orientation here, if you are still confused about the term: https://intimacycartography.wordpress.com/2011/01/06/romantic-orientation-101/

Have you ever had a relationship with a girl? Would you want one? If you only liked touching and kissing, but you are otherwise uninterested in them, then you might not be queer in any way.

As well, if you want a relationship with men (along with being sexually attracted to them), then you aren't solely homoromantic.

Back