Buying vs turning in Nissan Versa lease?

nina

May 17, 2008
I am currently leasing a 2011 Nissan Versa. It is my first car I have ever leased. I have about a year and a half left until my lease is up. I was allotted 36,000 miles. I have already put roughly 34,000 on it. The majority of which was from my commute to and from work. It also has a cracked windshield from a stone while driving on the highway. My question is would it be worth more to buy it (also can I choose to buy it before the lease is up) or is it worth more to trade back in even with the excess miles and wear and tear?? Any suggestions and information is appreciated.

I don't suggest Leasing if you cannot deduct car expenses on your income taxes or your business uses lease cars. However you now know it is easy to run over 36,000 miles on a three year lease and hopefully your insurance will pay for a new windshield. Because you don't actually own the car until you finance the (lease Balance) which might be more than the car is actually worth. Better check with your bank and see if they can finance that car and how much will it cost. Good Luck

Back