Bryce Harper tweets graphic photo following procedure for ingrown toenail

admin

Administrator
Jun 17, 2007
Canada
USATSI_7248970.jpg
There's no doubt Bryce Harper is as tough they come.

If for some reason you need a little evidence to back that up, look no further than last Tuesday when he remained in Washington's 8-1 loss to the Braves despite bruising his left side in a collision with the Turner Field wall.

The ailment did end up costing Harper half a game last Wednesday, but his name never disappeared from manager Davey Johnson's lineup card. Even when I said Harper's chances of playing last Thursday should be considered slim, he was out there.

His performance never dipped, either, and by the time the new week began, the injury had all but succumbed to Harper's immense pain threshold.

Of course I'm only building Harper up in this manner because he actually missed Friday's 7-3 win over the Chicago Cubs with an ingrown toenail.

Yeah, I know, dust off your favorite ingrown toenail, hangnail, (insert other perceived soft injury here) joke and get it ready for the comments. But before you post it, you might want to check out the photo Harper tweeted of his toe following a procedure on Friday night.

Warning: You'll cringe and your big toe will immediately start throbbing.

Also: Graphic!

Since everybody wanted to see it! Here it is!hah #Toe #SICK #Graphic twitter.com/Bharper3407/st…

— Bryce Harper (@Bharper3407) May 11, 2013

I told you!

Now, getting back to Harper's pain threshold. Davey Johnson fully expects him to be back in the lineup on Saturday, meaning he'll only miss one game with his toe looking awful and likely feeling even worse. Meanwhile, I'll be walking around the house gingerly all day hoping to avoid banging my toe into a piece of furniture just because I looked at that photo.

I know, I'm soft. But at least I'm honest.

Looking for more baseball chatter?
Follow @bigleaguestew, @Townie813, @AnswerDave and @MikeOz on Twitter
Also, check out the BLS Facebook Page

Back