Bolt snapped under car? picture included?

PaulB

May 13, 2008
Hi, I heard a grinding noise under my front wheel and noticed that a bolt has come away from what looks like the wishbone, as you can see in the picture it is scraping against the bar above it.(Mainly every time I turn right) What problems am I going to have if I travel like this?

http://tinypic.com/r/11kv8z8/5

Thanks
Thanks for your answers!
Should I remove the top park of the drop link until I get it fixed?

Bolt and bush easy DIY repair around £8-£15 depending on car. Go to any motor factor e.g euro car parts (in uk) :) .. Don't drive it like this!!! It will do more damage than good after all its there for a reason of it wasn't needed it wouldn't be there

That looks like the anti-roll bar's connection to the wishbone.
The car is not safe to drive like that, as it will not handle properly - its behaviour in bends will not be normal, particularly at speed.

I would suggest you take it to a garage for it to be replaced. It appears it the connection between the wishbone and the anti roll bar. This will affect your handling of the car = stability especially on curves.

Ok it looks to me like that is the sway bar mount. The rubbing you hear is the sway bar rubbing the CV shaft. It isn't hard to fix at all, if you have done them before. You just need a sway bushing kit for your car. Also what your calling the wishbone thing, that is the lower control arm.

First of all its called a lower control arm not a wishbone. And its your sway bar bolt. You need to replace it very soon or it will start wearing out other suspension parts. These are hard to break someone needs to inspect your entire front end because more than likely you hit something to break this and more than likely there are other parts broken.

If you can remove the broken bit then go for it, as others say get it fixed PDQ, you can get the part from a dealer or a motor factor, good luck.

Back