Best SUV that fits this description?

jacksonskylord

Oct 19, 2008
Okay so I have a family of 3, though there are often 2+ companions.
We travel a lot and have a dog so we need decent storage space in the back.
Some moderate off road capabilities would be nice, I won't be taking it off roading but i'd like it to be able to go through a foot of snow and on bad dirt roads without to much trouble.
I don't want anything to-to big and something that gets okay gas mileage.
I would be buying it used because considering i'm also moving I don't have the budget to buy both a house and a new car.
I would really like it to be a luxury brand car too.

My budget maxes out at about $15,000 and I would like to keep the miles under 95k
I have looked at the BMW X5 but I see one practically everywhere I turn my head so I would like something that stands out a little more.

Thanks in advance!

For $15k you aren't going to find a luxury brand SUV under 95k, so you need to prioritize. You can get a Jeep Grand Cherokee for under $15k easily with less than 95k miles, but it's not luxury. You can get an Acura MDX for under $15k, but it likely won't be under 95k miles.

Also, if you're on that strict of a budget, rule out anything German. VW, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, none of them, because a simple failure can be a $5000 repair.

I would recommend a newer Jeep Grand Cherokee, but they can cost over $15,000. Lease if you have too.

Back