AUDIOPHILE HELP-How to use 2 systems on 1 pair of speakers- 2 channel stereo

motokarma

Jan 19, 2009
and 5.1 surround? I am currently upgrading my home theater and want to use 2 different systems in the same room on the same pair of speakers. My two systems are...

2 channel stereo (for pure music)
Marantz pre-amp
Adcom 200wpc amp
Marantz SACD player

5.1 surround (for movies and games)
Outlaw Audio pre-amp processor
Rotel 5 channel amp
xbox 360
PS3

How can I set it up to switch between the two systems on my front main speakers? I guess what I am looking for is an amp switching box that I can run the speaker cable to from both of my amps for the RIGHT and LEFT mains and then run one set of wires out of that box to the speakers themselves.

I have found something from Niles audio that seems to work. Link is here.. http://www.nilesaudio.com/product.php?prodID=DPS-1&recordID=Source+Switching+Systems&categoryID=Automated+Switching+Systems&catcdID=10&prdcdID=FG00003

Has anybody used this? Or a product like it? I am concerned about the quality of the signal and do not want to loose any quality, especially on the two channel side. Is there a high grade audiophile product out there that will do this?

Oh, dont bother mentioning a theater bypass...neither of my pre amps will let me do this.

Thanks so much. Look forward to hearing from you.
Why do I want a separate 2 channel setup? Because I have found that the Marantz/Adcom combo is very pleasing to me from a music standpoint. I tried using the Outlaw Audio pre-amp with my adcom for playing music and it just does not sound right. So I want to keep running my music thru the Marantz and let the Outlaw, with its multiple DVI inputs, be the center of my theater system which it does very well.

Back