Am I a 'mad' Christian?

ThewayIare

Oct 8, 2012
I am 41 years old and I became a Christian when I was 9 years old. Every weekday morning I spend an hour before I get up with God. I pray, read my bible, etc. I do this because I want to maintain my relationship with God and just to give God first place in my day. However when I travel to work each morning I fall asleep on public transport, as I get so tired. My mother, who is also a Christian, thinks I'm 'mad' and legalistic. She keeps saying, "God loves you no matter what. You're over-doing it and you need your sleep". However when I listen to preachers they say how important it is to give God first place in the morning with God. What do you think? I do feel 'scared' that God won't think of me as a committed Christian if I don't obey in this area. Any thoughts, please, as I seem to be confused and very 'tired' over this issue.

Why do you need to lose sleep by getting up early? You can study the Bible when you return home or right before you go to sleep.

I have just started to practice a simple but for most Christians,revolutionary strategy for improving my relationship with God.Many times during the day,sometimes every few minutes I just keep visualizing God and Jesus sitting in their Throne Room in heaven.I'm amazed at how spiritual,relaxed and pure of thought this extremely simple to practice idea keeps me.:more crackers:

I think focusing on your spirituality in the morning is very beneficial to how you view the rest of the day. However, you shouldn't be doing it because you are afraid God won't approve if you won't do it- that's not how it works. Think of it as a benefit for yourself, and if it's more beneficial that day for you to sleep in a little longer, that's what you should do that day.

Back