A huge part of a tree fell onto my truck while I was inside my doctors office, who

Elle

May 19, 2008
is liable? I only carry liability, it is a 99 Ranger so it's not worth a ton so that was part of cutting bills...grrrrr..so liability won't cover my damages and it's very severe~from the back of the cab down the whole side of the bed and knocked off the rear bumber. This was a very large part of a tree! It had to be cut from the truck with a chainsaw.. I was parked legally, etc..on their property. Is this something that may be covered by their property insurance? It is a medical facility/old hospital with mature grounds in a very old building..surely I'm not just out of luck? What's worrying me is that a thunderstorm came through while I was there -could they claim 'act of god' and leave me w/o a vehicle? Please Help !! This just happened this evening, my friend that's an agent advised me to take an estimate to them first thing tomorrow and see if they will guide me to the right person to deal with..If no dice, gotta get an attorney? No one was hurt, we were all inside so that is good..but I have to have my car :-( It's not dings and scratches, it's large dents in the body, doors, and bed..any advice??
this is horrible..:-(

In all honesty if your insurance doesn't cover it then theres won't either because no one physically did anything to it. It was just mother nature. sorry =(

i know how you feel life is just hard on us sometimes =( i hope everything gets better for you.

Back