91 acura integra with strange clicking sound?

Shelley

May 15, 2008
Hi, I have a 91 Acura Integra with 186k plus miles 5-speed. A few months ago I started noticing this strange clicking, rocks tumbling around popping sound from the front drivers side when ever I let the clutch out, when I first noticed the sound it was really faint and hard to get it to repeat itself, it seemed like I had to get the car to warm up first, however as the months have gone by the sound has gotten worse, louder and I could actually feel it and it feels like rocks tumbling around right at that point before the clutch is fully let out and my foot is still on the peddle. Today I noticed the noise is happening all the time when I am going under 20 mph. (this is not an axle problem, I know that clicking and this is not the same) and I can feel the noise when my foot is on the floor now. I had a friend take a look at my car, he took the wheels off, checked for any movement in the suspension, checked the axles and all that and found nothing abnormal. He said that it may be a transmission issue. So my question is what can this be, how do I check for what it could be and what do I do.

I dont know much about cars, but I have had to replace the axles, they have maybe 5000 miles on them, Ive replaced the shocks, bushings, tires, control arm, blah blah blah... I really dont think its a suspension issue, but then again I dont know so can someone please help?

It is not the cv joint/boot, they are newish and in fine condition, those were checked. Its not a click click click when I turn a corner. Its a pop click rocks sound when I am going below 20 mph, it does not matter if I am going straight or turning.

Oh and the car is right height, the clutch certainly does not feel as good as it use to, but no slipping or shifting problems persay. Sometimes my 5th gear is a little temperamental and reverse sometimes does not like to go in easily. I have no records on the clutch though, I have put 70k on the car and am nice to it with maintenance.

Back