2012 Porsche Cayenne or 2012 Mercedes ML?

Keith

May 31, 2008
I have been looking around for SUV's under $80,000 and I found a couple I like. The Range Rover Sport HSE Lux was an option, but I don't know about reliability. Ive owner various Mercedes, including a previous generation ML, and there has been no problems. The other vehicle I really liked was the 2012 Porsche Cayenne. If I do get the Cayenne, I don't know if I should get the V6 or the S V8. Hows the Cayenne's reliability?

Any other options?

Yeah the Range Rover has very poor reliability.

Cayenne and ML reliability are about the same. Average. Both cars get more electrical problems than mechanical problems. They are no Acura MDX or Lexus RX in terms of reliability, but they will not give you too much trouble.

V6 or V8. It depends on what you plan to use it for. If you want to tow a trailer or carry heavy loads, you should go for the more powerful, faster Cayenne S with the V8.

If you plan to use it for normal trips. Daily driving or camping or towing something as small as a jetski, the V6 would be good enough. The Cayenne does handle better than the Mercedes with its sports car heritage.

But the ML comes with more luxurious features.

Personally, I would choose the Cayenne. It is one of my favorite SUV's and I think it looks amazing.

Back