2011 Census Controversy

Yeah, that's how you protest the arms trade! Let's all ensure that our schools and hospitals don't get enough funding for the next ten years. Rah!

Filled in and sent back the day I received it. Not interested at all in consipracy theory or those people who phear the 'warmongers'.

I guess that the arms industry (and war in general) hasn't contributed to the developed world then? Idiots.

haven't even received one or been given much information about it.

how large of an impact will it really have on that when you consider as one commentator pointed out. "The number of people who boycott it will be easily dwarfed by the number of people "not counted", such as illegal immigrants." not to mention the real threat to the funding of schools and hospitals over the next decade will come from the government orchestrating the census.

my main concern is that I haven't been given enough information about this (incidentally is it only in england or something ?) I would certainly find it deceitful that the rights to gather the information have been soiled of to a foreign company nevermind one involved in the business of death, to dismiss this as conspiracy theory without finding out for yourself is idiotic.

we live in a military industrial complex society for sure, what products and technology we have are usually filtered down from military research, I don't disagree with the truth of this however you say it as if its inherently a good thing.

England/Wales/NI = http://www.census.gov.uk/

Scotland = http://www.scotlandscensus.gov.uk/en/

Then we all should boycott BMW, Rolls Royce, Daewoo, SAAB, BAE, Honeywell, Mitsubishi, Texas Instruments etc etc - and never ever fly anywhere on our holidays.

I have no interest in digging and looking for the truth when it can't possibly be found (in this instance) anyway.

Drawing good things from bad events? Yeah, I would say that is reasonable.

I have no problems with who got the contract to print the census but what gets me is some of the questions. As I've been looking into my family tree I honestly feel sorry for anyone trying to find out things about me in 100 years (or whenever the census is released). About all that they'll know about me is that I was employed a week ago (or at least I hope so!) and that I'd been in the country for more than twelve months!

Moi's right (and naughty, since he said he's already filled the form out!) - the Census form clearly states on the front page that the form should be filled out "....on 27 March 2011, or as soon as possible afterwards.". If your form arrives before the 27th (no postal strikes that I know of at present, so it probably will) you could be in trouble, and might even have to fill another form out from scratch.......

But until the day has past you can never tell. Not that it matters much, mine is rubbish

Back