2008 Dodge Durango 4.7 Reliability?

HazelDunkel

Feb 18, 2011
I have asked this once before but I would like more input. I own a 08 Durango SLT 4.7. It has been a terrific vehicle to my family and has never let us down. It has 62000 Miles on it, but I keep hearing that the engine will fail and I should get rid of it immediatly. I don't want to get rid of it, it has been so good to us! I just had it at Chrysler for a 3000 Mile Oil Change, and they dropped the oil pan and said it was clean. There are no signs of sludge and the engine runs excellent and will outrun just about any SUV out there! However I'm worried about the future. Will it last us? Like I said we love the Durango so much, it's quick, great awd, good on fuel, and has tons of room, but I don't want a engine that is a ticking time bomb.

Vehicle life directly proportional to maintenance performed
Those who tell you they are pieces of CR*& probably did not take proper care of it.
Cheap repairs just to "get by for now" and such.

i can tell you from working on a used car lot that most of the ones we get in do hold up real good,but no one can make you a personal guarantee that it will last,any engine could be a ticking time bomb if it wasn't maintained well,i drove one around for about a week test driving it before we sold it and it seemed to be a good engine,have a mechanic check it out before you purchase it and see if any kind of a warranty goes with it,08 should have some warranty left on it,hope this helps you some.

Back