1972 VW Beetle - Issues?!?

Ralfcoder

Jun 5, 2008
Did someone mount the rims backwards? Or are they different rims on that side? This would account for the car pulling.

take the car to any decent tire shop, and ask them to look at this. If the wheels look OK, ask to have the alignment checked. That's the next problem I can think of that would cause the car to pull to one side. If that's OK, have the brakes checked.

Try this, too. After you've driven the car for a few minutes on the highway, or some open road where you don't need to use the brakes much, stop the car gently, and hold you hand near the wheels. If you feel a lot of heat on some, but not all, you may have a brake shoe that's dragging. If so, then it's a good idea to have the brakes checked soon.

Hello,
the wheels are off set on one side. They are fine on one side, and are about 1" out on the other side. I'm not sure what caused this as they were like this when i bought the car. it pulls to one side also, i think this is due to the off set of the wheels. Any help would be appreciated. - Luke

Back