1971 or 1964 Volkswagen Super Beetle?

JeremyAquino

Mar 10, 2011
Hey guys I'm a beginner in cars so I wanted to ask ya'll about modifying cars, can I change the car's 'roof' to a convertible 'roof' and is the super beetle car's seats changeable? Can I change it's engine or maybe making it a better engine cause it's an old car but I want it to run fast. This sounds crazy but can I change a manual car to an auto car?

Changing a car to a convertible really would cost more than just buying one.The seats may be able to be swapped with some work but the seat tracks made into the floor pan are different between a 64 and 71.
There are plenty of places to purchase performance parts for air cooled VW's online.It is pretty simple on a Beetle to change from an automatic stick to a manual transaxle.You most likely would be better off buying a manual transmission parts car and swapping the parts over.You could also build the motor in the parts car while you leave the other motor in the car and drive it.There is a lot of difference between the 64 and 71. I would recommend putting the 71 parts in the 64 when you can.The 64 was originally a 6 volt vehicle but most likely by now has been changed over.

You cant realistically change a car to a convertible. Pretty much anything else can be done.

Back