Why are girls consumed with gossip?

kel

Jun 20, 2008
As a female, I am completely disgusted by the way the majority of girls now-a-days carry themselves. They rarely hold conversations which are not based upon negative judgments of people, or complaints in general. Often times, they flip out about petty things and will start fights with their "best friends" over complete nonsense! Over time, I have distanced myself from most girls which is why I mostly have guy friends, and they're great! I don't even know how to act around girls anymore. What is it in the nature of females that causes them to act this way?
Guys have different ways of handling things, and surprisingly I have a better handle on them than I do on my own gender. It's so weird. And when you say "older women don't act this way," I have to respectfully disagree because they certainly do. I see cliques of older women all the time, just like with the coffee gossip! (Haha)
Capone, I am definitely a female. There is no doubt about that! I have just felt the wrath of girls, and women alike with being friends, and it's cruelty! Guys aren't angels either, but they've proven to be better friends in my life.

girls?

are you KIDDING?

set ONE FOOT on a military base. our main population is young, single men and i can tell you what NO ONE gossips like young enlisted dudes. they know ALL the good sht!

Girls are insecure and need to make themselves look better. No matter how old you are or how mature you think you are you still have a Tide bit of gossipy teenager in there.

I agree with you. Some girls/woman aren't realizing what their full potential could be but they waste their time on gossip and looks. Fortunately, some girls/woman are very mature and do their best to not confide in these actions. I remember being apart of the whole gossip myself and I wonder why I did it.

amen girl. i am right by your side.

I think it might be because they don't acutally have real friends, and don't have a lot in their life to be proud of.... so they think that knowing things about someone and hurting them it will make them feel like a stronger person and liek they have the upper hand.

Just cause they have nothing better to do and are bored.

exactly! I wonder why a lot of girls gossip all the time, as to why? obviously, idk for sure cuz im a guy, but i think they are probably insecure about something about themselves, so they critique others. again, idk 4 sure.

I think people learn this stuff from their mothers, if your mother was a gossip monger and let you get in on the action while she drank coffee with her girlfriends, you would absorb the conversation, then run home and tell whoever would listen. This makes gossiping seem exciting and interesting, and a lot of women enjoy it as adults. I wont deny it, I enjoy a good juicy piece of gossip, it can be very entertaining LOL.

exactly! I wonder why a lot of girls gossip all the time, as to why? obviously, idk for sure cuz im a guy, but i think they are probably insecure about something about themselves, so they critique others. again, idk 4 sure.

Now-a-days? That's pretty much how it was when I was in high school, too. That was 20 years ago..
It's called immaturity, all kids go through it.
Boys aren't much better, trust me.
I have teenagers..

I have the same problem but I dont have any guy friends, at all. The only one guy friend i have is gay, so that doesnt count. You know why because they are all insecure, it all goes back to self esteem especially being a teenager. People view other people in their own perception and basically imagination. They dont know the reality of how that other person is until they actuall get to know them. So mean while they might judge or talk bad because they think the othe rgirl is better than them or some other issue of the sort.

I think people learn this stuff from their mothers, if your mother was a gossip monger and let you get in on the action while she drank coffee with her girlfriends, you would absorb the conversation, then run home and tell whoever would listen. This makes gossiping seem exciting and interesting, and a lot of women enjoy it as adults. I wont deny it, I enjoy a good juicy piece of gossip, it can be very entertaining LOL.

Back