Why does my Env2 keep randomly turning off?

zidolos

Feb 23, 2009
Hi i've had the phone for about 3 months and it shuts off really randomly. I'll just pull it out of my pocket and its off, not dead I can turn it back on and have a full bar that'll usually last 2 days still but It keeps turning off. Is there a roaming feature that turns it off to save your battery or anything that might just make it shut down randomly?

you may be pushing the end button in your pocket but i doubt it
um idk call verizon or get a new verizon but dont change plans:)

You probably have water damage or something.
Or it could just be worn out.
Turn your phone off for like 20-30 seconds, that's all it needs.

Env 2

I have the Env2 also, I got it in late august and in december it started turning off in my pocket. So in early february I brought it into the store and they were like "Well we have heard that is happening a lot after like 3 months". So they gave me a replacement one. and it is turning off again! Ugh. I can get a new one in June/July. Bring it in to the store and they will give you a free replacement.

Screw the damn phone

mines doing that now! i'm so pissed off. if verizon doesnt give me a refund im going to flip some shit

nv2

i have the some phone and my phone does that too.

I have had the same thing happening. take the bat. out and clean the points on it and see if that helps. if they get dirty they wont make contact. dust and body oils can get under it yet. give this a try. if that don't work, take it into the store and have them flash it and update the software, this my take 30 to 60 min to do. if that don't work ask for another phone. they will give you the same model of phone. but after you have gone thru 3 of them you can get another model. i have had to do this in the past with a phone i had problems with.. I have also heard that it could be 2nd party ringtones you have got for free. I for one don't beleave this. they just want you to have to pay for your ringtones so they make money. i'd try to clean the bat. first if that don't then go to the other steps..

i've had the same problem and i am on my 2nd NV2 and it is happening again. i am going to bring it back and make them replace it once more. verizon told me (i am not joking here) that it was because i kept it in my pocket. can that be true and if so, so what, i have to carry my phone

the reason it is shutting off in your pocket is because the thing that connects the battery to the phone is dirty or something. just get a cue tip or something and swab it out.

try pressing on the bottom of your battery, it'll probably turn off right after you press it. or atleast it does it on my env2

just get your money back and get a new phone. env2's are bad

Really?

You guys that say f*** the envy2 and shit are really blowing it out of proportion...its a good phone wooptie do you have to turn it on every so ofter that takes 10 seconds max...I forgot you can never get those 10 seconds back and to think if it happends once a day for the 2 year plan (minus the three months of working) thats 6390 seconds of your life wasted...what to do what to do!

i taped the battery.. it seems to be not turning off as much.

The enV series in general is just awful. The phones are alright while they work, but they don't last long...then there is Verizon. The Verizon store employees will be glad to replace your phone. Only problem is they replace it with the same crap phone until your warranty is expired. Or they lie to you and tell you its a "software bug, --don't worry the new update will fix it"...if the phone only starts having power issues after three months (or however long it lasts) its clearly not the software.

I had the enV2, it randomly shut off while in my pocket and even when I had it sitting on my desk. In these cases, it would just skip the "shut down" sequence (the vibrating and sounds). It would just be off, randomly. I went to the Verizon store and asked for a new battery. They told me they'd replace the phone (which was still under warranty) so I agreed to do that. The phone seemed to be fine for about a month or two, then it started to do the same thing as my old one.

So it appears that the device has a shorter life span than the battery...and that's pretty awful.

Same thing with mine. Took it back to Verizon they updated the software, which corrected the problem for about 2 weeks. Started happening again; this time they replaced the phone, no questions asked.

same heree

my env2 does the exact same thing. I thought it was because I had pushed the END key in my pocket, but then my external END key stopped functioning. I had no problem with this, I just had to end calls using the inside END key. But it kept randomly shutting off even while my END key stopped working. Only in my pocket though, I've never seen
it shut off while I use it..

I heard the enV 3 does it too, so this is the last time I'm owning an enV. Or even an LG phone.

You are probably closing it too fast/harshly causing a wire to mess up there for turning it off.

same prob...

i have the same phone, and mine does that too. i have told my parents, and since i wear skinny jeans they say that it's turning off in my pocket because my pants are so tight. and they won't let me go to replace it. but it has turned off besides that. hmm. oh well, i am getting an iPhone soon.

Back