how to deal with a jealous future family member?

ANONYMOUS

May 11, 2008
for the longest time, my boyfriend's brother's fiancee treated me literally, like a piece of crap. insulting me in front of others, ignoring me when i speak, and never talking to me directly (ex: to my boyfriend, "tell your girlfriend..." while i'm sitting right there). Those are just to name a few.

I tried to help our relationship by asking her why she acts that way and she actually admitted that she was jealous of me! i responded by encouraging her, hoping to make her feel more secure, and then treat me better. nope. she continued to act that way after!

now, she's not quite so cruel, but makes every situation where i'm in her presence feel very awkward and uncomfortable. what do i do? me and my boyfriend are going to get engaged and i can't avoid her...i'm forced to be around her and it's terrible! i don't want to make my boyfriend pay for some b*itch his brother is choosing to marry...

If I were in your situation...I wouldn't worry too much. At least try not to. Think about it this way, at family functions, you are going to look like the better person while she is in a corner scowling and ranting about you. Eventually everyone in the family will see how jealous she is and feel sorry for her. You'll come out on top looking amazing. Lol don't be surprised if your boyfriends brother gets jealous as well. He obviously picked the wrong girl.

So anyway, just hang in there and be kind. You'll look a lot better than her in the end. And if you really don't want to be around her, then maybe you could skip some family functions. Not too many though, because then she will know she won and will talk badly about you to the others. Just show up smiling and happy. Hopefully you'll rub off on her. Good Luck!

That sux. Have you talked to your boyfriend about it? You may not need to, but you should share everything w/ your boyfriend. And if not, you could just put up w/ her whenever you see her, because your boyfriend is worth it. Hope it works out =)

Back