i just joined the gym. i did the bike cardio there and i only burned 110...

mZz_cuteAss

Nov 29, 2008
...cals on it in 30 mins? WHY!!!! OPEN? i joined the gym and i did this bike machine cardio for 30 mins i did it fast and usual. i only burned 110 cals? what gives? at home i have a stationary bike and i burn like 400 on it in 30 mins?? should i do the one at home. do u think th gyms calculation is wrong. help out

hon, thats actually only so accurate, cuz some ppl have different metabolisms than others etc..
but, either way, u didnt burn much more! 30 mins is considered a light workout, and sports doesnt burn incredible amounts in one time, u need to stick to it nd results will be gradual..
also: consider resistance of bike
and: running burns SO MANY more calories than biking!! inside!! on a machine!! plz..

Depends on how much you weight and how hard you did. I get my estimates online they are pretty accurate.

Google calories burned and look it up

Depends on how much you weight and how hard you did. I get my estimates online they are pretty accurate.

Google calories burned and look it up

You didn't set the level very high. Probably.

make it harder for you to push.

Did you know if you set the incline to 25% on a treadmill you will loose 3 times the calories?

Those calorie measurements are suspect at best. If you do the bike at home are you significantly more tired and challenged than at the gym? If the answer is no then one of the calorie measurements is significantly off.

Back