Religion - Not a practising...?

gary

May 18, 2008
When people say they are of ABC religion but aren't practising, how does that fit in with the church/Mosque? Can you be a non-practising muslim, Jew or Catholic and still go to heaven?
BTW - I'm Atheist.

God is God. He is eternity, and He is the one that embodies that eternity. The only thing God wishes for people is to celebrate life and those around us. If you follow the ten commandments and avoid the seven deadly sins, you are still in line for judgment, as is anyone that believes ultimately, in God. God selects your path and he lights it along the way. If he wanted it to be so that you may be uncertain and looking for answers the rest of your human life, then just go with the flow and live mellow. Live for today, not tomorrow, and not for the future. Celebrate life, not victories that you MAY or MAY NOT be part of. Be happy that you have been handed a fate, that at least for right now, includes food in your stomach and a warm bed to sleep in every night. Being pagan is not a sin, being atheist and agnostic is. I myself, in fact, am pagan and have no problems with my life on a day to day basis. No hate mail please.

In the Catholic Church if you are baptized unless you are excommunicated or join another religion you remain a Catholic till your death. Not practicing doesn't necessary keep you from going to heaven but it might depending on the individuals reasons. The Catholic Church teaches that those who honestly don't recognize the Church for what it is can still get to heaven if they live a good life.

I'm not sure about any of the other religions.

Noo, you must practice and do all your prayers to pleases God.
How can you go to heaven if you dont practice !!!! God gave you evrything you need, and most important he gave you a life.

Remember, God created human being to see how human being will respond back to him. And life is a test, God needs to see us what we can give back to him and thats by trying to avoid all the sins which he ordered us to do, but also he is forgiving and Merciful, and know that Human being makes mistakes.

So praying is the least you can do to thanks him.

You are right, you can't be. What they mean is they were baptized or raised in that particular faith but they no longer subscribe to it.

Many people are cultural Jews and Catholics, and not people who actually follow and adhere to that faith.

Back