recently bought a sony ericsson w595... keeps crashing and restarting itself?!?

kjhxx27

Feb 10, 2009
Right i got this phone at christmas cos i really like the walkman etc etc
but it keeps freezing, then goes black screen but then the keypad lights up... it will then vibrate a couple of times and then turns itself back on like i switched it off?!!
does anyone else have this problem or know why it does it for?
its beginning to reaaaaalllllyyyyy annoy me now guyss!!
any answer welcome :)

W595 crashes

you may have a virus apparently.just plug into pc then do a virus scan. i have exactly the same problem. ur right it is very annoying

I too have this "problem". Or so i thought it was a problem. After a bit of investigation, it turns out to be a feature. Even when the phone keypad is locked, the power button is still active if held for 10 seconds. This is apparently to reset the phone if it gets to a frozen state.

So i don't think it is a problem like i first thought.

Ditto

My phone was sent in 1 day after I bought it because of these crashes that are reported here. I got the phone back today and now it crashes even faster. A little frustrating, because I really want to like the phone.

w595

i also have had this probem for some 9 months now,but 3 wont give me a new one and all they do is tell me to to do the master reset

I have this phone on a contract with orange, I only have 4 months left so it's not a huge burden...
But... these crashes started about a month ago, first it just kept emptying my concact list, then it started recieving texts with no message, no contact, just a 'ghost text' even though I know for a fact that someone had just sent me a message. Know it keeps randomly emtying my in and sent box. This is annoying and I think it may be the phone equivalent to an 'ini' virus, the kind that move about and take apart the infrastructure bit by bit.

I cant do a virus scan while it is in phone mode, and in storage mode you cant scan the actual phone just the memory card and i cant scan in print or media transfer mode! HOW DO I SCAN IT???

Did anyone find a way to get the crazy thing out of the rebootin non-stop mode??? I cant do squat with it right now. Going quazy...:bad:

Back