Theists... how do you explain people who have spiritual experiences that lead them...

AndiGravity

Sep 7, 2008
...away from your religion? It seems common for believers of any given religion to have personal tales of an experience that convinced them the faith they follow is true. It's easy to understand how people feel about the personal stories of others when those stories confirm what they believe religiously, but I was wondering...

How do you explain those personal experiences that contradict the perceived truth of your faith?

For instance, if you're Jewish, how do you explain spiritual experiences that lead someone to believe Jesus is the messiah and Christianity is the truth?

If you're a Christian, how do you explain spiritual experiences that lead another person to decide Hinduism is the truth?

Do you simply dismiss their experiences? Try to reinterpret them to fit your faith? Decide it was reasonable for the other person to choose the religion they did based on the experience they had?

Etc, otherwise, and/or none of the above?
Enough with the f##king Mormon spam.

Have you noticed you're not getting anything but thumbs down for it?

they all use the "no scottsman" fallacy.

They werent "true" Christians to begin with, I have been told that I apparently wasnt a "true" Christian because I saw through the dogma

Back