What is the robot based anime I'm thinking of? Childrens fighting robot toys...

levesquenathan

Feb 7, 2009
...with stone octagon mind inserts.? Main character buys a cheap old one that is based off of a goliath beetle, hes mainly yellow. All of these robots are generally the size of 8 year old kids, are humanoid but generally based off of something else like animals, or a samurai, etc. I believe the name of the main characters robot starts with the letter k but i could be wrong. He had two rocket ports coming from his head and a machine guns on his arms (only the barrels protruded). Somewhere in the series he learns to release some special power which for him fires a large laser, another samurai robot has his sword glow, slashes with it and some form of energy laser comes off of it). After battles between robots, which are generally given advice from their owners during, the owner of the losing robot gives up some form of attachment that I believe the winner chooses such as the losers leg attachment.
I think that the main character had black hair, blue eyes, red shirt, blue pants, but some of these details could be mistaken.
Some other random details: the stone octagon tablets basically contained the robots soul, if you didn't put the right kind of stone octagon tablet in the right robot then it would not function as efficiently. Such as how I believe one of the characters had a monkey stone octagon tablet in a gunning robot or some such thing, perhaps it was monkey robot with some wrong stone octagon tablet.
One robot was a chameleon that had a part that made him invisable, i beleive he lost and forfeited that part to the main character.
One robot was build expensively in a lab to have tremendous strength but apparently broke its arm when punching in an experiment.
the 1st season ended with some giant robot fight i believe which was odd, the army apparently uses the same robots but they are larger.
The second season was garbagio and introduced a kind of robot that was stronger because it didnt require the stone octagon tablet to function or some other such bullcrap. THe main character learns abut how the stone octagon tablets are not made, but found by the company that makes the robots.

Im pretty sure the one you are looking for is metabots. dont ask me how i remember this hahaha

Im pretty sure the one you are looking for is metabots. dont ask me how i remember this hahaha

Back