Do Male Hamster Always Fight In The Same Cage!!?

fudgedude

Feb 6, 2009
Depends on the hamster. If they are dwarfs it is less likely especially since they were put together when young. I have been doing research on this myself since i am about to get two winter white dwarf males. So far my finding have been positive. If they start fighting, maybe you could put a screen between the two in the same cage. switch there places regularly.
Hope they turn out fine!!!

-emma

my 2 hamster were put together in one cage when they were yunger.
they sleep together, never saw them play fight or anything
they dont hide there food anymore (at first they did .. .scared)
and sooo please tell me will they fight
for now, im not really worried.
we give them equal attention too and soo they literally get out the cage pretty often.

All hamsters, male or female, are very likely to fight when the reach maturity. If you want to try it, thats your choice - the odd time, it works out. But you can never be certain. Fighting can start at any time, and one hamster will literally eat the other. I would not advise risking it.

Well they do If they are Syrians. Really, any Hamsters will fight of any gender if The other hamsters in their cage were NOT raised with them. The hamsters that can be kept in the same cage (If they were raised from birth) are:
Djungarian Dwarf hamster (Phodopus sungorous)
Campbell's Dwarf hamster (Phodopus Cambelli)
Robovorski Hamster (Phodopus roborovskii)

Hamsters that can absoluteley never be kept together Include:
Syrian Golden hamster (Teddy bear, Panda, Blackbear, etc.) (Mesocrisetus auratus)
Chinese Hamster (Cricetulus griseaus)

Hope i Helped!

They won't fight unless they're competing for the female hamster. (if they start fighting..) When I get my hamsters, I separate them (male and female) in the cage. They will smell each each other and see each other through the stuff you're separating them, but couldn't touch or attack each other, unless they break it free. You have to be careful they don't cut through barrier. They will get used to each other as days passed by and about a month or so, let them be together.

Most hamster especially Syrian hamster fight in the cage with each other. Don't keep them in the same cage any longer. if one hamster is stronger than the other, the weaker may stop eating and drinking and possibly die.

hope i helped!

Back