Sony Walkman won't connect to computer?

KjetilA

Oct 18, 2008
I have a Sony NWZ-A818 mp3 player that wont connect to my vista home premium desktop computer. The problem isn't within the player but the drivers or something in the computer, I know that because I have tested the player on other computers that runs vista and xp. I have tried to remove the drivers and reconnect the mp3 player but it doesn't work. What happens when i connect the player is that the computer either recognize the player as a portable disk or nothing happens, in both cases the mp3 player freezes on the screen that first appears when you turn the player on. the usual blue circle that is supposed to pop up doesn't show. when i remove the usb cable the player is totally frozen and nothing happens if I push the buttons it wont even turn off is you push the power button. I hope someone can help me with this problem. I'll be thankful for any answers. Is there something I can delete in the register so the drivers and stuff can reinstall the next time I connect the device. One more thing, I have tried the system restore thing but it didn't work.

Same here

My sony walkman nwz-e438f does the same thing it will charge off the computer but it won't allow me to connect to it. If anyone can please help!

^.^

Delete or get rid of your hardware and then re plug the USB in

response

I have a Sony NWZ-A818 mp3 player that wont connect to my vista home premium desktop computer. The problem isn't within the player but the drivers or something in the computer, I know that because I have tested the player on other computers that runs vista and xp. I have tried to remove the drivers and reconnect the mp3 player but it doesn't work. What happens when i connect the player is that the computer either recognize the player as a portable disk or nothing happens, in both cases the mp3 player freezes on the screen that first appears when you turn the player on. the usual blue circle that is supposed to pop up doesn't show. when i remove the usb cable the player is totally frozen and nothing happens if I push the buttons it wont even turn off is you push the power button. I hope someone can help me with this problem. I'll be thankful for any answers. Is there something I can delete in the register so the drivers and stuff can reinstall the next time I connect the device. One more thing, I have tried the system restore thing but it didn't work.

Exactly the same problem! I have a NWZ-A818 and i had to charge it. I plugged it in - it froze on the screen "connecting usb" and then my low battery symbol was flashing. I tried to reset and everything and my computer says the devise is malfunctioning

Same Problem

Same Problem On My Sony Walkman NWZ-E436F

Mine used to, but I had to do a lot of stuff to my laptop. My MP3 doesn't freeze, it gets the blue circle, and then does nothing. It doesn't even show up on my computer anymore. I wonder if it's a Sony Walkman thing or a computer thing? Anyway, it would be nice if someone could help us out!

yeah i've had the same problem and i just got my mp3 last month. my computer doesn't recodnize it anymore and when i try to turn it on it freezes on the opening screen and then goes black about a minute or so later. i've tried connecting it to three other computers but it doesn't work. i think it's gotta be just a walkman problem.

mine is doig pretty much the same thing. I plug it in it's like it starts to connect but then disconnects. The blue circle keeps popping on and off the screen, and my computer won't recognize it

helpp

yh same here, myn has been doing the same thing for a couple of months now, i fixed it but it seemed to do it agen!! can someone help PLEEAASE!

angry

Same thing with my NWZ-B142, it charges but dosen't connect, SOME ONE HELP PLEASE!

I had the exact same problem with my Sony NWZ E438F walkman today.My computer wouldn't recognize it and the battery wouldn't charge(the walkman would stay on the Connecting screen with blue circle as well).What I did was go to Control Panel>Device Manager...There I saw there was a yellow exclamation mark on my walkman.I uninstalled the device from my computer(right click on "walkman" and click on uninstall).Then I unplugged my mp3 from the usb port and replugged it in.It installed again and it seems to be working now(my computer recognised it and I again have full access to it from my computer).Don't know about the battery since it's still charging but I'm guessing that will be fine too(The screen now says Connected USb(MTP)).I hope this helps you,it seems to have done the trick for me!

Thank you!

Uninstalling/reinstalling from the device manager did the trick!

Wont Recognize!!!

My pc won't recognize My Sony Walkman NWZ-E436F! I had to reinstall xp before. It was working fine until then. But now even after downloading all the things in its CD IT DOESN'T WORK! Let's sue sony and get lots of $$$ ^_^ $$$! :p

Use as a pen/USB drive

go to device manager by right clicking on my computer. select portable devices. double click. select reinstall driver. select 'no not this time'. do not select automatically. select the second option. then select 'i'll select the driver...'. select 'portable device'. then select 'USB mass storage device'. open my computer. you can have access to your mp4/walkman like a USB/pen drive

Thanks so much for this info, we have been pulling our hair out trying to get NWZ-E436F to work

Nothing happens when i plug mine in, it only charges & i cant put songs on it or nothing, its no coming up :S Helpp?!

Solution (Maybe)

I had the same problem, but I disconnected the Walkman, then on the WMP sidebar, I right-clicked my device and selected end sync partnership. After I did that, I re-connected my Walkman and selected "Sync For This Session Only" and I got it to sync ^.^

Back