Sony Walkman won't connect to computer?

My problem is the same as those here with one exception. It doesn't even show up in my device manager so that I can uninstall it.

I bought it. Loaded it up the first night. been listening to it for a few days. Now I go to plug it back in and it says usb connected and something about the alarm and timer being deactivated (which it said before as well) and that is it. It is not charging, and not showing up anywhere in the computer at all. so the Uninstall / reinstall trick will not work.

What did you do? because mine is doing the same thing. I dont want to buy another one because this one wasnt cheap......

Same problem here. It doesn't show up in the device manager. Sony must know about this but there is no advice.

Same problem - when I connect my Walkman (S545 model) to my Win 7 PC it usually "bounces" the connection indefinately; that is it will disconnect then reconnect every few seconds. However I was able to see it in the device manager for long enough to uninstall the USB mass storage device, then it immediately reconnected and stayed that way. Seems like an ok workaround anyway.

Back