How to complain to hair salon for scalding my hair?

sweetfoxyroxie

Sep 28, 2008
I got my hair cut from really long to really short. The stylist used a wet to dry straightener and on the first piece she did the steam hurt my scalp. I pulled away and yelled OW! and she seing my reaction said, "Oh, i'm not going to burn you.. it just SOUNDS loud." And I said, "No, the steam DID burn me, and aren't you supposed to blow dry my hairr before using a straightener so it doesn't boil my hair cuticle?" She said, "Oh, no, this iron is made specifically FOR that." It's now a week later and the pieces she started with are still toasted like straw. It is bad enough I am considering shaving the bottom inch of my hairline off.. My hair WAS in beautiful healthy condition. I am going to complain, just don't know how or who to go to etc. etc.....

Before walking out of the salon, you should have mentioned to the stylist that she burned you, or that you were not satisfied with her work so that her or another stylist could have fixed the problem before walking out. At this point, you should call the salon back and ask to speak with the manager, explain your problem, tell him/her who worked on your hair, and tell the manager what they can do to remedy the problem (propose a solution). If they understand business and want to keep you as a customer, they will have you come back to fix the issue (give you a fresh cut and remove the damaged ends, or at least give you a hair treatment like a hair mask) free of charge.

Back