Blackberry Bold: Wi Fi or the 3g network takes priority?

Sep 15, 2008
On the new Bold, if you have both the 3G/EDGE/GPRS etc (Rogers in Canada) and also have the WiFi enabled and are connected to a hotspot, does the Browser default to the 3G etc or the WiFi? Is there a way to check or set a default?? Much obliged for any input. Thx

Wi-fi takes lead over anything else as it's far quicker and safer. It goes in the order Wi-fi/3g/edge/gprs

wifi

I don't believe you. When I am at my hotel which requires logging on to use wifi it does not prompt me for a login until I disable the mobile setting.

wifi default over 3g

I have the same problem. It definatley defaults to 3G and the only way to access wifi is to disable your mobile network.
Searched the net, but cant find an answer to this! so Irritating. might as well not have wifi.
otherthan that, im a crackberry! got dam red light :)

is there anybody gonna answer this thread cause i have the same problem !!!

The BOLD does not automatically log onto an open WIFI, unless you have it Saved in your Wi-Fi Profiles. Once the Wi-Fi connection is listed in your profiles the BOLD will automatically connect. The WiFi connection takes priority over #g/Edge etc. for data as its a faster connection.

Back