Looks like my new Blackberry Bold 9790 purchased 2 days back is

smartboy1

Sep 7, 2008
locked...asking for PIN...please guide me? Hi, 2 days back only I purchased a new Blackberry Bold 9790 phone for my father from Saudi Arabia and brought to India. I don't know much about Blackberry though. Seller said, it can work any where in world. I will tell you step by step what I did. First I inserted Airtel GSM sim card to see my phone for very first time. Phone was unable to recognize the sim then I inserted my father's CDMA sim card. Phone did recognize the sim, I was able to successfully import all contacts from sim to phone and used wifi also.

But could not make outgoing and receive calls. Third time, I tried the phone with my sim card which is from Reliance CDMA. After putting this 3rd sim and when I tried to switch on my phone. It is asking me to put PIN and message is appearing like this:-

"Enter PIN code(8 left):"

There were 10 attempts initially. Out of which I tried with two unsuccessful attempts. I have following queries, please help me to understand blackberrly properly:-

1) Which PIN, phone is asking for? Is this SIM(network service provider) PIN or some internally Blackberry PIN only?

2) Where to get this PIN and how to unlock my phone? Is there any default PIN?

3) Why my phone got locked, just because I tried 3 sims on it?

Please help me. I don't want to put any wrong keys anymore.

Back