Abortion is Wrong

aslan

Feb 19, 2008
There you go Blade, I even started it with a title to boil your blood so you can let it all out in the first post.

How the other thread went from "I'm sorry if ethnic discrimination was implied in my post and hope I didn't offend anyone" was turning into what it did. . . . . . anyways, please get your rise out of this thread.

As far as my opinion on abortion goes, I don't care.

Let me be the early warning signal, then. To all commenting in this thread, please be mindful of the TOS regarding language and personal attacks. Failure to remain within the boundaries will result in action by the mods.

I laughed at out loud. I am quoting this in my signature.

Edit:
No, I'll think on it. It's not my style. I'll quote it somewhere though.

As they say in Arkansas, "Some people need killin'."
I just don't usually think of babies, though, when I think of that.

This thread should be fun. I'm a little in the middle, I don't like the idea of abortion, but I do believe in a woman's right to choose.

I would have a problem if the same person decided to have abortions 5 times in 5 years because she didn't want kids and wasn't responsible enough to use contraceptives.

I don't see the difference between using birth control to kids from being born and using abortion to keep kids from being born, especially in the first trimester.

Heeeey, I wasnt trying to start a abortion debate, I just gave an example of domestic terrorism , mostly to protect the post writer I was responding to, from being accused of being a racist anti islamic so and so. because I believe that was not his intent when he wrote that post.

But Ok, I am very pro choice. There, i said it

I know. You were completely right in what you said too. It was just a inflaofftopictory example due to the emotional turmoil created by contrasting views that started to derail the thread : P. I just didn't want any more temptations for somebody to address the subject in that thread with a specific thread created for it. You were also the one who suggested it!

And you were right to make a thread because I and you knew someone was gonna respond. And we were right. Thats also one reason why I suggested it too.

Why are there 16 posts in an abortion thread on the internet and everyone is still civil? map disappoints me.

I think when it comes to law the choice for abortion should be clear. Abortion must remain legal.

This is an issue that is nowhere near clean cut, with equally powerful detractors and proponents. Personal ethics rule the debate scene, and it looks like there is no end in sight to the ongoing fight. Since the government shouldn't make something illegal that isn't unquestionably bad, how could it make abortion illegal? Even the strongest pro lifer wouldn't say that the debate is definitive.

Personally, I hate the idea of abortion. If I where ever in the position (although the likelihood of this happening is somewhere in the area of zero) of choosing to abort a feet us that I didn't intend to create, I can't imagine myself aborting the child. That being said, this issue not being clear, I don't want to push my beliefs on anyone. And I would never dream of trying to turn my personal beliefs on the matter into law.

What a touchy issue.

Have any of you pro-choice folks seen a picture of a fetus at it's furthest stage allowed for an abortion? I realize this may be an appeal to pity, but that just doesn't sit well with me. It is so far formed at that point that it seems, to me, like killing a birthed human being.

I'm not saying abortion should be completely illegal, though I am a lifer; but in my opinion, it should only be legal in cases of rape or incest (most preferable) or at the very least the term for the decision shortened. I fully believe in women's rights to choose what to do with their bodies, however you should forfeit some rights when you choose to make reckless decisions to include sexual intercourse in general. All contraception runs the risk of failure and even women who may not be cognizant of this know sex can lead to babies.

Hi itwasntme,

that's fine, you just need to not get yourself into a situation where you may need to have an abortion in order to remain consistent with your world view - which I think you are totally entitled to. However.... other folks may feel differently and you would hopefully allow them the same freedom of action.

Simple as that.

Southpaw, we just need to include the word ninjutsu into the thread title somehow and you will instantly get your wish :)

paul

Back