The police truly are amazing

davis6709

Apr 12, 2008
Had to share this with the world gave me faith in people and the police again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FPKOa-5GPPg

The scouser is as cool as you like. I'd have totally lost it with the southern apes, but he runs rings around them. Nice one!

Edit: I wouldn't say that the police are necessarily amazing, but it was nice to see them doing their job and not getting hoodwinked by those slimy bailiffs.

Extreme professionalism from the sergeant. Always good to see good policing, sadly it's only ever the bad examples that we get to see.

agreed. the leo's i've met have always been very professional and helpful.

is the problem that they're in such a position of power that the bad seemingly is the only thing people notice?

for me, i respect leo's, firefighters, paramedics, nurses (and other public servants) so much. for what they do, and the amount of positivity they can have on our lives, truly amazing.

As a public servant I can say that good work is seldom noticed, whereas in the rare cases that something goes badly wrong it's big news.

Anything that goes against what governments/banks and elite enjoy should be applauded. We have just spent the last 30 years watching ALL governments and banks using loopholes to help themselves. Anything that goes against these scum, which is what all UK politicians and bankers are, can only be good.

i think i get where you're coming from. you have to understand though that most people in the financial industry are normal and not predators just like me, you, hanni. ok, maybe not hannibal, but you know what i'm saying.

i think world-wide, there needs to be more regulation of banks and financial transactions. i know, i know, good luck with that giovanni. as someone in the financial industry, i'd really like to see that. it would level the playing field.

Seconded. I'm a partner at a midsize law firm so I assume that makes me "elite." Regardless, I'd like to think I'm a decent guy. I hope people don't consider me "scum" based on annual income or applaud something solely because they think it'll cause me harm.

I'm fine with more regulation of financial institutions, but I'm not okay with people supporting ANY change simply because they hope it'll do harm to people who work in certain white-collar industries.

well according to the us census bureau, the median household income in the united states is roughly $44,500. the top one percent is above somewhere in the $250,000 to $300,000 range. definitely possible at a mid size law firm.

Anyway, getting a bit OT no? I think most of us find the expressed views extreme, even if we might agree with some of the sentiments

I'm not a top 1% but I'm top 19% (edit: according to numbers I just looked up; it's not like I know that off the top of my head). I didn't know that "elite" was defined specifically as 1%, or people in the top 1% of the income bracket are inherently morally repugnant. It's all arbitrary; I'm better off than most Americans and I don't think that makes me inherently a bad person. Likewise, someone who is better off than me is not inherently a bad person.

Wealth = Income-Expenditure

Income is rather relevant in the equation.

Also, tying into the topic I thought the tall lad was 'more elite' than the bailiff and co. I'm not sure why there is such an attachment to elite, authority and evilness.

I though I would post this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj2_9Jn4KkE

It is related and informative.

Back