"OGame" - Intergalactic Conquest

PatriceC

Mar 6, 2008
www.ogame.org

A great timewaster

Sign up to Universe 1 (you can choose). And join the Members of MAP alliance, with the tag "MAP".

Basically you just build stuff and get resources, then hopefully take over the galaxy! Mwahahahahahaha!

I've joined as saru1968

not sure how to form an alliance with MAP though.

:)

Hmmm, seems to involve watching a lot of countdown timers at the start.

I've submitted a request to join your mighty MAP empire BTW Taff.

I have as well, though it seems like this stuff takes hours of waiting.

iam very drhunk. seems lots of metal appaears after waiting hours. ooo

OK, getting the hang of it now. It's the kind of game that you log into 3-4 times during the (working) day, tweak a few variables and leave it to carry on. It's a good job your resources continue to mine themselves after you close the browser. Could get tedious otherwise.

For such a simple game it's oddly compelling though.

All Hail Drunken Leader Taff

is the MAP alliance still going?

three of us started it just over a year ago...

i was just getting into it when i changed jobs and dropped out of the game last summer.

whose in the alliance now?

how are you all doing?

i know the game pretty well, so if you have any questions/want to know some stratergies, i'll post some later...

i was playing universe 1-5 simultaneously, that way, when you are waiting for res to come from the mines in one, you could playing another...

then uni1 is your main one, and you can experiment with the game and learn it in parallel...

check the OGame forum for info...

there's an old thread on MAP called Ogame, but it was very quiet back then, there was only 5 of us in the alliance when i left

Xen - there seems to be seven of us in it at the moment. It looks as if Taff has started over from fresh, and as far as i can tell most, if not all, of us are beginners.

Members so far are:

LJoll
CosmicFish
Sandus
seanyseanybean
Slindsay
saru1968
Taff

I don't know who LJoll is - might be a non mapper.

Yep any tips would be great and i'm glad the resources roll in whilst offline.

:)

ps.. I don't think we should let Taff pilot any ships without a breatherliser test.

Na. LJoll is me. It's my intitials including the start of my first name. It was a bit stupid in retrospect, I wonder if I can change it.

It's a bad day at work when I sit and watch the timer's tick down till a new factory is built

Bit of a hint, don't for god's sake make the mistake I did and try to gather anything other than metal and power at first otherwise you pay for your mistake for a good 24 hours

Yeah I started from fresh, didn't know there was another one going.

I may have sent drunken messages to people. I had some serious problems last night.

Anyone understand how the energy tab works, currently I have -57/48 on it which I suspect is bad

Yeah, it means your mines need 105 energy to run at full capacity, but you're only able to supply them with 48. In short - build more solar plants.

When you're operating on less energy than you need, you can micro-manage how much each resource is mined in 10% increments on the resources page. It only updates when you hit "calculate" though. If you don't micromanage, I think it scales them all down proportionately.

Next question, has anyone found any decent tutorials and instructions on how to play the game?

Back