What are some smart rappers?

V

Viveka Z

I'm sick of rappers being blatantly unintelligent, of not thinking critically, but instead insulting women and whining about other rappers. Are there any 'smart rappers' out there?

Lyrics that make you think about things you haven't considered? I can accept 'geekish rap', as long as the rap doesn't suffer for the intelligence. I just want a rapper with a brain.

Sorry if I've offended.

Common.

Wow... Awesome rapper great lyrics and beat. Check him out!

http://www.common-music.com

Get his songs. Trust me you will love his rap. Common attended Southern University in Chicago to study Buisness Administration.

NAS

The best rapper of all time...

He's known as the most intelligent, 50 cent complained that he read too many books when he was on tour with him... (Google News that)

hi-tek, talib kweli, dead prez, nas. i'm just come to realize that all rap should be restricted to ppl of legal drinking age.. otherwise its a threat to society. too suggestive.

No, you didn't offend (but thanks for caring whether you did or not). Ice Cube is college educated (as is Kanye, even though he dropped out to pursue his career). Ice Cube often raps about women and the South Central neighborhoods and his childhood. Kanye is pretty positive, rapping mostly about the way things are from his point of view, but minus alot of the grit that some other rappers use. Common and Talib Kwali are two very positive rappers, both whom I believe are college educated as well. You'd be surprised how many rappers use the tougher image to sell records although many like Biggie for instance, have a rags to riches success story. Research a little and you may be pleasantly surprised. NAS is also a rapper on a different level. Good Luck in your search for decent rap. No offense taken Mama!

Tupac had somepretty good songs.
Dear Mama,Brendas Got a Baby, Keep Ya Head Up,and many others...
:]
if thats what you mean.

k...those other rappers are good, most of em. but if u want tha good shit, actual smart shit, immortal technique. all the way

brother ali , atmosphere, asher roth, lupe fiasco, outkast, blu & exile, thirsty fish, cunninglinguists, dialated peoples, evidence, toki wright. those outta last you awhile, lol.

Ryan Leslie got 1600/1600 on his SAT and went to harvard at the age of 15 (along with being accpeted to a ton of other ivy leauge colleges). look him up

listen to these boys
-scroobius pip
-akala
-the streets
-dizzee rascal [i like his music over all but he has gone commercial, listen to some albums tho]

Definitely Aesop Rock. I've learned a new word from everyone of his songs.

canibus is one of the smartest rappers ive heard listen to 100 bars

look up da great deity dah that boy is droppin science, also look his song trapped in the middle state

best rappers andre3000, Eric B and Rakim, Nas, Blue Scholars, Murs, Atmosphere, Binary Star I will post more if i find any

Back