Guys...

DannyV

Apr 14, 2008
How many of you kiss girls on the cheek to greet them?
I'm just wondering why loads of guys I know do it to me, but it's only happened in the last year or so.

Why do you do it? Not to be nasty, I'm curious.

over here in the states if you tried that you'd be slapped
unless it's a close friend or family

I touch cheeks with women I am close friends with, ie people I have done sessions with, served with or known a long time, I never actually kiss them.

To be honest the only people I kiss on the cheek in greeting or goodbye are the people that train at my club.

I suppose its to make up for a few hours of punching each other.

I've always thought it was cultural. It doesn't occur often in the States, but I always thought you free-lovin' Euro types were all about the cheek kissing!

Here, a hug is much more common, but even then you get into different degrees of hugginess.

Nope, I might hug a good friend that I hadn't seen for ages, but never kiss them unless I have...um...further plans....

I kiss a girl on the cheek if it's someone I know, or a date.

It's just being friendly. Or flirty if it's a date.

Im going for flirty, flirty sounds good! If they kiss your hand its definately flirting! Not that ive ever done such a thing!

PFFFTT! Have you been to Miami?! When I went to visit my at the time girl . . . I was so uncomfortable because you HAD to do that or you were seen as being rude or whatever! Kisses for everyone! : P

It depends on the culture in the area I suppose on whether or not it's normal to be kissed on the cheek?

Here in Hong Kong amongst westerners and western educated Chinese it's rather common. There are lots of Europeans so it happens a lot. Many Chinese that hang around a western crowd pick up the habbit.

Not a bad habit to pick up actually.

Ahm A Scot and we were nothing under oor kilts if anyone trie tae kiss me oan the cheek I will nut them!!!

koyo

i just moved from miami to the northern US
and yes.. the kiss went away
except for family & very good friends.
here... they consider it flirty.....
i reciprocate ussually.. if a female friend intros the kiss kiss hello once.. then it might stay
otherwise..... it's bad form

Back