Which names trend do you think will die first?

Teague

Sep 7, 2010
The -tons
ex. Kengsington, Carlton, Braxton, etc

The -aydens
ex. Brayden, Hayden, Rayden

The last names as a first name
ex. Harrison, Levine, Cohen

The girl A names
ex. Alileah, Aura, Aria, Ava, sooo many more

The "unique" spellings
ex. Luekiss, Elyzabyth, Madessyghne, Raygun

The girl's names becoming boys names
ex. Logan, Hayden, Dylan, ashton

The vintage names
ex. Charlotte, Ezra, Attiucs

The weird nature names
ex. Rainbow, Storm, River, Meadow, etc

The -Leigh/Ley names?
Kenleigh, Bentley, Harley

The just plain weird names?
ex. You know what I'm talking about....

Which trend do you dislike the most? Which trend is your favorite? What trends do you see that I forgot?

Hopefully almost all of them.

My favorite trend is the within-reason vintage names, not as in Gertrude but as in things like Hattie, but they are sadly getting too common for me. I can stomach most nature ones within reason (Nothin outrageously non-nameable, I know a Stormy who loves her name, by the way, o, one who named her poor kid after a fabric print). Some names ending in -son are okay too, but not all of them. Some are ridiculous and some are nice.

My least favorite is the just plain weird ones and the unique spelling ones. Guys!! "Bouncy", "Supercutiebabyhoney", "Shyneyy" and "Hashtag" ARE NOT NAMES, FOR GOD'S SAKE! I legitamitely found several very awful names similar to those ("Shiny", "Brilliant", "Sexiest") in a book.

The actual book, I believe, is: http://www.amazon.com/The-Best-Baby-Names-Treasury/dp/140226030X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361955781&sr=8-1&keywords=the+best+baby+names+treasury

I think the girl A names are likely to die soon, though they were one of the more tolerable. In order of tolerability worst fad to most tolerable, they are to me:

Just Plain Weird ones
Unique Spellings
Boy-As-Girl
The following three are tied as fourth worst:
-Aydens
-tons
-leigh/ley
Then,
Weird Nature Names (Sunny and Autumn are kinda nice, I confess, but Meadow is out of limit)
Girl A names,
and most tolerably,
Vintage names.

A fad you forgot is the "Bella" fad. Isabelle, Isabella, Bella. I'd need eight hands extra to count all of the ones I know.
Another one you forgot is the "-son" suffix. Some -son names are okay, some I love, but they're getting a bit too popular.

The only names I think are any bit good are Brayden, Harrison, Elizabeth, Madison. All the weird spellings, that's just screwed up. My mom's a teacher and I always hear her b****ing about how she has 5 different Haleys with 5 different spellings and 3 Madisons with 3 different spellings...........

I can't stand the stupid names like Bentley, Harley, Rainbow, Storm, River, Meadow...

And what's up with Madessyghne? I couldn't tell what that name was at first.

I don't know what will die out first, but I hope it goes soon.

My favourite trend would be:
Leigh\Ley names!!
One of my daughters has "Ley". Her name is Paisley.

The trend I HATE with my whole gut is:
Nature names!!!
Nobody should name their child Stormy, Meadow etc

Back