Isn't it kind of Satanic to wear a crucifix which doesn't have the figure of...

Sep 14, 2010
...Christ nailed onto it too? Actually it's kind of creepy having Christ nailed up too but the cross itself was a torture / execution device. Wearing that without Christ on it is fetishising something used to make Christ suffer horribly so how can it be displayed without Christ appearing on it?

Many Christians prefer to display the symbol of Jesus' suffering without the depiction of His body to illustrate that He left the cross and rose from the dead rather than just dying on the cross.In other words,dying on the cross was no way the end of the story.:applause:

a cross without the figure of Jesus on it is not a crucifix. a crucifix always has the figure on it. a cross without the figure is just a cross.

in either case, God does not want us to keep Jesus nailed to the cross. Jesus is resurrected from the dead and dwells in heaven, not on the cross.

the only thing the bible says we are to do in rememberance of his death is to take communion. wearing a cross or a crucifix does not to anything for anyone.

Isn't it kind of sick and gross to have the figure of Jesus nailed up?

And doesn't your religion prohibit graven images?

It depends on your own mindset ... how deep you dig.

To many of us, the empty cross represents our risen Lord.

To others it signifies the end of the covenant of law and the
beginning of the covenant of grace and spiritual freedom,
which also means Satan's defeat.

The "fetishising" you think of reveals where you stand.

I think it is only Satanic if you wear the cross upside down, otherwise it is simply a symbol of faith I guess.

I know right. Imagine if people start wearing necklaces with little electric chairs on them in the future.

About 2000 years ago, people in one small cultural group were executed by being nailed to a cross, as barbaric as that sounds we would have forgotten all about it if the Christians stopped talking about it. Being obsessed about the symbolism of an ancient barbaric custom doesn't do humanity any good at all!!!

Back