Any ideas on healthy meals i can cook up at home?

Alison

Jul 7, 2008
What are some easy (healthy) meals to cook? i want to start losing weight, and i don't really know any healthy meals to cook. thanks for the help!:)

I think the easiest quick and healthy meal is steamed veg and a something veggie grilled, such as a Quorn burger or tofu based sausages.

If you get a steamer everything is really simple. I usually do potatoes plus two other veg eg carrots and broccoli. The key to doing it quickly is to slice the potatoes up like you would slice a carrot into rings. Then they cook pretty quickly.

I put the potatoes in the steamer first, with the water already boiling from a kettle, and while they have a head start I wash and slice the other veg. When all the other veg is ready I just put it in with the potatoes and they all come good at same time.

The burger or whatever can be grilling slowly throughout. I have it with ketchup and/or a knob of margarine on the veg. This whole process takes about 15 minutes from walking in the kitchen to on plate.

A good filler for snack lunch is instant noodles. They are kind of neutral on the health front but I find them surprisingly filling and sustaining, which means they win by virtue of me not then snacking on a load of chocolate etc.

Combine the two by having noodles with steamed veg (not potatoes tho) and veggie mince (fry in a pan with a little oil).

Back