I have a 2005 Volkswagen Jetta.. The car has been pulling hard and also revving.?

Undercover

Aug 10, 2008
The Jetta has been pulling hard and also revving when its shifting gears. It only does this on the regular streets but when I'm on the freeway its fine. Yesterday as I was driving around downtown San Diego which has big hill like streets, my car was revving like crazy and then all the PRND lights stayed on and it wasn't showing what gear I was in. But it seem to stay in 3rd gear from what I can notice. I went straight home from that. I read online that it the transmission or it could also be the TCM... any advise?

take it to a good shop immediatly and have them check for any leaks its possible a fluid leak has caused low pressure in the system. This will kill your expensive transmission in a big hurry. Dont wait do this asap or kiss the transmission good buye.

From your description, this sounds like a failed TR (transmission range) switch.

NOTE: The shop that you take it to MUST have the latest EURO software or they won't be able to access VAG (Volkswagen Audi Group) address words to perform a successful repair! Better get it fixed right away or transmission failure will follow.

Back