I have a couple questions about the 2005 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5?

someone

May 19, 2008
I looked at one today, and there was a plastic cover over the engine...I personally despise that look, I want to see what's going on down there. If I were to get the car, is it okay to take that stupid cover off?

I cannot personally test drive a car as I am under 18, and my mom sucks at driving stick so she was struggling to even get the thing moving, and she doesn't know what "fun to drive" means. Is the Jetta a fun car to drive? On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being a toyota camry, and 10 being a Porsce 911, where would it rate?

Is it hard to find somebody to work on the 5 cylinder engine? I have never even heard of a car that has an I5 engine until now, so is it difficult to own maintenance-wise? I am aware that Volkswagens are sorta complicated, but is this 5 cylinder worse? I will be doing minor stuff myself, such as oil, tire rotations, and maybe some more complicated things if they arise. Will it be a pain for me to work on myself?

I am only looking to get a new car because I want a manual transmission and want to have some fun driving, as opposed to just steering. I kinda like driving a small car (two doors, under 3,000 pounds), so the Jetta is a little out of my comfort range. Does it perform tight maneuvers (U-turn, parking, etc.) well? Should I be worried about it rolling over on me if I attempt to drive it a little harshly? Does it perform well in the snow? And how "sporty" (I hate that word, but its the only word I can think of) does it feel? As in, can I feel the road? Can I feel everything going on with the engine and the transmission?

Thank you for your time, I really do appreciate it. If you have any other information about the Jetta that would be relevant, don't hesitate to share! If any of you have driven one, please enlighten me on what it was like! Because I was kinda scared when my mom was driving it to be honest, so I didn't gain much from the drive...

Back