I am embarrassed to work at Taco Bell?

coco

May 14, 2008
So Im a 22 year old college student and I have been looking for a job everywhere!! I applied at the mall best buy,restaurants like Red Robins... JCP... YOUNKERS.. but no one has called me :( and I finally applyed at some fast food places and that was last night. I got a call today from Taco Bell asking me if I can come in for an interview Sunday...

I am embarrassed to work there :( The last time I worked at a fast food place was 15, I feel like im 15 again..

how can I feel more comfortable about working there??

Does anyone else work there, my age? that is NORMAL. and not a teenager..

Never be embarrassed to earn money through honest hard work. You won't get rich but your character will increase tremendously.

It is a JOB. that makes you ahead of the game compared to some people.
If the money is going to help pay bills, keep you warm and fed. Provide you with the ability to advance there is nothing to be embarrassed about.
It may also allow you to continue your education while working. And because you will be a bit older than some of the people that you work with you may be given more responsibility a bit faster than a 17 year old.
While you are working continue to look and sooner or later you will find the job you really want.

Just think how lucky you are to even have a chance at getting a job. There are some standing in the unemployment line just aching for something that pays. Fast food jobs my not be the most glamorous of jobs but at least it's honest work.
And also while you are there you could hunt around for something else. At least you will be getting paid while doing so.

first, my husband works at McDonald's and most of his coworkers are not teenagers. However he worked at BK before that and they were mostly teenagers, but they sucked at there job and shoulda been fired. It depends on the area and the managers, whether or not they want responsible adults or slobby teens. Second, most places see it as effort on ur side to call them and keep asking on ur application. If they've had a chance to look at it, ask about interview, etc. It makes u look eager to work, confident, and responsible. I was too shy to call them until i did, and i finally got a job after 3 years of unemployment. Third, don't be embarassed cuz ur making money to support yourself! Good luck!!

Most people there will be your age. Why do you feel embarrassed? Think you are too good for that job? Tell you what, working at the "mall" is just about the same when it comes to wages and other things. It's not exactly any better or worse.

well i think that you shouldnt be embarrassed cuz 1. its a bad felling to haave if you actually get the job 2. i think that most ages are accepted cuz i dont think that they discriminate age. also whats ur major? i think ull have much better job offers after u get ur degree but that all depends on the college

I know it's easy to just say, "you shouldn't be embarrassed." so I'll try to go a little deeper than that. There probably are a variety of age groups working at that taco bell, I know at many of the places I frequent, and the McD's I used to work at, the ages ranged from high school sophomore to young college student to 50 year old. This is all just conjecture though, as every place is different. You'll have to actually go there to see what its like. Maybe there will be people your age, maybe there won't, maybe you'll hate them all regardless, or maybe you'll make friends. The best advice I can think to give is to go into it with a positive attitude. Besides, in this economy there is absolutely nothing embarrassing about working anywhere, just as long as you're working ;D. Hope that helps.

not embarrassed, criminal

criminal for poisoning and fattening up the masses

Back