Is it Haram to laugh at racist jokes?

Atheer

Feb 7, 2011
Al Salam Aleikum
I cant control my feelings however I control my actions and refuse to disobey Allah Taala
My father in law and my sister in law are non-Muslims and my father in law is a big joker and he cant stop telling racist jokes, when the three of us sit together we cant stop laughing

I try my best no to participate however it's not easy to control my humor
At the same time I find it very rude not to sit with my in laws despite my wife's continuous complains

Any advices? ideas?

Jazakum Allah Kheir

We should treat all people equally whether they're asian, black or normal.

It's not haram but try and avoid it, if you can't then it's really the intention that counts

Of course its harraam. How would you feel if someone made racist jokes about you??
Just don't sit with them.

'Racist jokes' are JOKES. I repeat, they are jokes. You don't mean them. So I don't understand why they'd be considered haraam.

I call my Iraqi friends "Iraqian terrorist suicide bombers" all the time loool. Racist jokes are the funniest because there's a truth in almost all of them. They can be conversation starters and ice breakers.

hypocrtite, you love God but do what is haram, and you say you will not disobey God, but here you are participating in racism....wtg hope you feel good stupid

it is Haram:
e believers are naught else than brothers. Therefore make peace between your brethren and observe your duty to Allah that haply ye may obtain mercy. (10) O ye who believe! Let not a folk deride a folk who may be better than they (are), not let women (deride) women who may be better than they are; neither defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. Bad is the name of lewdness after faith. And whoso turneth not in repentance, such are evil-doers. (11) O ye who believe! Shun much suspicion; for lo! some suspicion is a crime. And spy not, neither backbite one another. Would one of you love to eat the flesh of his dead brother? Ye abhor that (so abhor the other)! And keep your duty (to Allah). Lo! Allah is Relenting, Merciful. (12)

Back