what are the good things about a fourwheeler?

mindy

May 17, 2008
I want to know whether to get a four wheeler or a dirt bike, and I cant decide can you help me?

I have two dirt bikes and a Quad. The dirt bikes are fun, but I find the Quad to be a lot more fun. My Quad will do 70 mph with both my wife and I on it. It will go faster, but I haven't found a reason to do so. The person who said they were not as fast as dirt bikes must not be aware the newer machines have all the power and muscle needed for speed.

We can climb any hill that my dirt bike can climb, and the added bonus is I can use it around the house to pull a cart with firewood or leaves in it. Plus, in some states, like Arizona, you can buy a license to drive the Quad on certain class roads and streets.

We have a two fourwheelers and our smaller one recently stopped working correctly. The brakes don't really work and that's a big problem. So if you do get a fourwheeler, keep an eye on the brakes...

When you take a four wheeler to a track it is amazingly fun. You can do wheeles and everything with a bigger machine. Anyways you can skid and do everything that a bike can bassically do. Who cares if you cant drive it on the street you would still have to get it legalized. and may i mention it is really safe...umless it falls on you but there is a low chance of that happening.

Definetly a 4 Wheeler! Becuase you won't be getting stuck in mud and is so much more fun in the snow!!

really it depends on the terrain and how fast you want to go. I have both, and enjoy that option.
4 wheelers do much better in sand and loose dirt, and deep water and mud. 2 wheelers can navigate better through rocky or narrow sections and can go faster over most terrains, and hillclimb better. They are different animals and are ridden differently, but both are fun. A 4 wheeler is obvioulsly more stable because its harder to fall off or loose balance, but also are heavier and would hurt you more if it rolled over on you. And harder to get away from should you need to. and sometimes you do. I think a 4x4 quad is better to have than a 2 wheel drive one, you can sure go a lot more places more safely. And reverse is worth having as well. it depends on if racing it is your main goal or not. To just go riding around, or camping on etc, 4x4 is better.

4 wheelers are great because you can kill yourself so easily with them. The planet is overpopulated. Get a 4 wheeler.

Dirt bike = less maintenance, lowers the costs of ownership and damn fun but you need to know how to ride safely

Four wheeler = very stable, fun to ride. Tears up the ground your ride on a lot worse than a 2 wheel motorcycle, very high costs of ownership, especially if it's a 4x4, some places wont let you ride 4 wheelers and others enjoy having you there.

Now, it's your choice

fourwheelers are fun cuz they can go through more stuff, (mud, rocks, water) and they are more safe i guess. i just like fourwheelers more but dirt bikes can be fun too

A four wheeler allows you to appear way trashier. You can tie cases of beer to the back. It's typically more acceptable to not wear a helmet with a four wheeler so you can let your mullet fly in the wind.

I'd suggest that over a dirt bike. That sounds more like the american dream.

well four wheeler can go more places and are safer in some ways. of course a four wheeler is more dangerous if it flips on you but thats is kinda rare with a dirtbike you often slide on tree roots on the trail and stuff and bail alot. also fourwheeler can go in much deeper mud especially if it a utility quad and not a sport one. They use to make all dirt bike with 2 stroke engines which breaks all the time and fourwheelers are almost all 4 stroke which is much more reliable but now dirtbike are 4 strokes as well so it doesn't matter. I find both fun to ride but I ride a quad because thats what my friends and family have.

It takes more skill to ride a two wheeler. A four wheeler is easier but not quite as exciting. Whatever you get, make sure to ride with your bum off the seat when offroad. Let the bike do the moving beneath you while you stay relatively upright.

I prefer dirt bikes, just cause there more fun, but 4 wheelers are easier to maneuver, and can get over rough terrain easier.

Back